By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
HintPointNewsHintPointNews
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Columns
    • Public Opinion
  • Fact Check
  • Lifestyle
  • More
    • Bet of the Day
    • Men & Women of the Month
    • Investigations
    • Interviews
Reading: Customs Seizes 399 Firearms in Major Tin Can Port Shipment
Share
Font ResizerAa
HintPointNewsHintPointNews
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Public Opinion
  • Fact Check
  • Lifestyle
  • Bet of the Day
Search
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Fact Check
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Columns
    • Public Opinion
  • Lifestyle
    • Sports
    • Entertainment
    • Health
  • More
    • Bet of the Day
    • Men & Women of the Month
    • Investigations
    • Interviews
Follow US
© 2026 HintPointNews.com. All rights reserved.
HintPointNews > Blog > Investigations > Customs Seizes 399 Firearms in Major Tin Can Port Shipment
InvestigationsNews

Customs Seizes 399 Firearms in Major Tin Can Port Shipment

Abeeb Atanda
Last updated: August 10, 2026 6:38 am
Abeeb Atanda
Published: August 10, 2026
Share
SHARE

The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has uncovered 399 fully assembled Jojef firearms following the detailed examination of a seized shipment at the Tin Can Island Port Command in Lagos.

The development was disclosed by the NCS National Public Relations Officer, Abdullahi Maiwada, in a statement issued on Sunday in Abuja.

According to the Customs spokesperson, the discovery was confirmed after officers completed the examination of a container that had initially been found to contain crates of concealed firearm components.

The shipment had earlier been intercepted after the components were identified as suspected Jojef pump-action rifles.

Customs said further examination and coupling of the recovered components led to the confirmation of 399 fully assembled firearms, alongside additional rifle components.

The Comptroller-General of Customs, Bashir Adewale Adeniyi, had earlier disclosed the interception, warning that criminal networks could attempt to exploit Nigeria’s ports and borders to move prohibited items into the country.

The Customs Service said the seizure underscored its continued efforts to strengthen border surveillance and prevent illicit arms trafficking.

Adeniyi also stressed the importance of intelligence-led enforcement and collaboration with other security agencies in tackling the movement of prohibited items and protecting national security.

The latest seizure comes as Nigerian security agencies continue to intensify efforts to curb the trafficking of illicit arms and other prohibited goods through the country’s ports and borders.

Call me TOE or Mr Elumelu: Viral video sparks debate over workplace first-name culture
Adeleke Thanks Tinubu for Congratulating Him, Says President Fought for Democracy
President Tinubu Congratulates Adeleke on Osun Re-Election, Hails Democracy
Soludo Bans Parallel New Yam Festival Celebrations in Anambra
Katsina United Debunk Reports Chinedu Ozor Regained Consciousness After Collapse
TAGGED:customFirearms
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Telegram Threads Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Happy0
Wink0
Sad0
Surprise0
Angry0
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
Popular News
News

APC Constitutes Presidential Campaign Council, Names Yari DG, Uzodimma Secretary

Abeeb Atanda
Abeeb Atanda
August 22, 2026
Just In: Osun Accord Party Cancels Grand Finale Campaign
EFCC Explains Freeze on Osun Government Accounts, Alleges N11bn Funds Probe
Osogbo–Iwo–Ibadan Road Reconstruction Flag-Off Set for August 6
Reactions As Osun Governorship Debate Is Cancelled
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

You Might Also Like

NewsPolitics

Osun Guber: Oyebamiji Says Adeleke’s Outburst Against Tinubu Reveals Fear of Defeat

August 4, 2026
News

Tinubu Approves Up to 80% Salary Increase for Nigerian Armed Forces Personnel

August 5, 2026
News

Tinubu Is God-Sent, Best Democratically Elected President in Nigeria’s History — Oluwo Of Iwoland

August 6, 2026
Fact CheckInvestigationsNews

Bandits Kill Senior Police Officer, Burn Patrol Vehicles in Sokoto Ambush

August 5, 2026

Categories

  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Editorial
  • Fact Check
  • Columns
  • Bet of the Day
  • Men and Women of the Month

About US

HintPoint News delivers accurate news updates, factual analysis, and engaging public opinions. From checking misinformation to breaking down daily trends, we bring you the clarity that matters.
Site Links
  • Contact
  • Advertise With Us
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Editorial Policy
  • Ethics & Standards
Quick Links
  • My Bookmark
  • InterestsNew
  • Contact Us

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

© 2026 HintPointNews.com. All rights reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?