Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has claimed that he would have personally joined the All Progressives Congress (APC) campaign in Osun State if President Bola Tinubu had been determined to secure victory in the governorship election.

Wike made the remarks on Tuesday while inspecting flood-prone areas in Maitama, Abuja, where he also commented on the outcome of the Osun governorship poll.
According to the minister, the President could have secured an APC victory if he had chosen to pursue the election with maximum political force.
Speaking on the election, Wike said, “If the President had wanted to win the Osun State election at all costs, I would have been there and we would have won it, and there’s nothing the governor can do.”
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declared Governor Ademola Adeleke the winner of the election.
Wike, a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has remained a strong supporter of the Tinubu administration despite his continued membership of the opposition party.
Commenting on the 2027 presidential election, the FCT minister also predicted an easier contest for President Tinubu compared with the 2023 election, citing what he described as the weakened condition of the opposition.
“2027 elections will be the easiest one for the President compared to 2023,” Wike said.





