By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
HintPointNewsHintPointNews
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Columns
    • Public Opinion
  • Fact Check
  • Lifestyle
  • More
    • Bet of the Day
    • Men & Women of the Month
    • Investigations
    • Interviews
Reading: Soludo Bans Parallel New Yam Festival Celebrations in Anambra
Share
Font ResizerAa
HintPointNewsHintPointNews
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Public Opinion
  • Fact Check
  • Lifestyle
  • Bet of the Day
Search
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Fact Check
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
    • Columns
    • Public Opinion
  • Lifestyle
    • Sports
    • Entertainment
    • Health
  • More
    • Bet of the Day
    • Men & Women of the Month
    • Investigations
    • Interviews
Follow US
© 2026 HintPointNews.com. All rights reserved.
HintPointNews > Blog > News > Soludo Bans Parallel New Yam Festival Celebrations in Anambra
News

Soludo Bans Parallel New Yam Festival Celebrations in Anambra

Abeeb Atanda
Last updated: August 12, 2026 5:35 am
Abeeb Atanda
Published: August 12, 2026
Share
SHARE

The Anambra State Government has banned individuals and groups from organising parallel New Yam Festival celebrations in communities across the state.

The directive was issued by the Ministry of Local Government and Community Affairs in a statement signed by the Commissioner, Chief Vin Ezeaka, and made available to journalists on Tuesday in Awka.

According to the commissioner, the government had observed that some individuals and groups were organising separate New Yam Festival celebrations in their communities, either before or on the same date scheduled by traditional rulers.

Ezeaka said the practice was against the customs and traditions of the people and could create tension and threaten peace in the affected communities.

He explained that the state government had previously communicated its position on the matter through letters sent to Presidents-General and traditional rulers across the state.

The commissioner said allowing individuals or groups to organise parallel celebrations could amount to usurping the traditional responsibilities of royal fathers.

He warned that such activities could also create room for a breakdown of law and order.

The government therefore directed that, with immediate effect, no individual or group should organise the New Yam Festival, Iwa Ji, Iri Ji or any similar celebration before the traditional rulers or on the same date as the traditional ceremony.

The state government urged communities to respect the directive and uphold the customs, traditions and peaceful coexistence of the people.

Arsenal Closing In on Deal for Ezri Konsa
Tinubu Celebrates BUA Chairman Abdul Samad Rabiu at 66, Applauds Role in Nigeria’s Industrial Growth
Adeleke Sings, Dances as He Receives INEC Certificate of Return
JUST IN: Mangu Killings — Police Arrest Alleged Mastermind
President Tinubu Congratulates Adeleke on Osun Re-Election, Hails Democracy
TAGGED:Anambrasoludo
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Telegram Threads Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Happy0
Wink0
Sad0
Surprise0
Angry0
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
Popular News
NewsPolitics

Just In: Osun Accord Party Cancels Grand Finale Campaign

Abeeb Atanda
Abeeb Atanda
August 11, 2026
EFCC Explains Freeze on Osun Government Accounts, Alleges N11bn Funds Probe
Osogbo–Iwo–Ibadan Road Reconstruction Flag-Off Set for August 6
Reactions As Osun Governorship Debate Is Cancelled
FAAN Confirms Fire Incident at Murtala Muhammed Airport Terminal 2
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

You Might Also Like

NewsPolitics

No Victor, No Vanquished: Accord Chair Calls for Unity After Osun Election

August 17, 2026
NewsPolitics

Rivers Political Factions Move Closer to Reconciliation as Wike, Fubara Camps Hold Talks

August 17, 2026
NewsPolitics

Osun Election: Fadahunsi Clarifies Viral Video, Says ‘If Our People Are Killed Again, We Will Retaliate’

August 11, 2026
EntertainmentNewsUncategorized

BREAKING: Popular Juju Musician St. Janet Dies After Diabetes Complications

August 2, 2026

Categories

  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Editorial
  • Fact Check
  • Columns
  • Bet of the Day
  • Men and Women of the Month

About US

HintPoint News delivers accurate news updates, factual analysis, and engaging public opinions. From checking misinformation to breaking down daily trends, we bring you the clarity that matters.
Site Links
  • Contact
  • Advertise With Us
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Editorial Policy
  • Ethics & Standards
Quick Links
  • My Bookmark
  • InterestsNew
  • Contact Us

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

© 2026 HintPointNews.com. All rights reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?